My grandparents decided to drive more than 8 hours North to visit last week! They arrived on Thursday in time for supper at Ranald and Vivian's (Picture 1 - L>R Ranald, Vivian, Grammy, Poppy) and they left yesterday in time to have lunch with my Uncle Don and Aunt Marge in North Bay.
We packed in a reasonable amount with visiting their old friends and tripping around. We even went up to Timmins for a little shopping trip.
But I was just really happy to spend a few days with them. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't spent much time with them since I started in the work. It was great to see how well they are doing. I think they really enjoyed themselves up here. You can even see that my Poppy has spunk. He is such a tease. Especially to my Grammy but she gives it back to him too!!
We had Wed Pm Study at Russell Carson's (standing beside me with Rhoda, his wife in front.) Normally they are just 4 for meeting. These four are very special and make great efforts to live a normal life despite serious illnesses.
This is what we call meeting after the meeting.
We stayed with Bob and Joan Lougheed. Grammy and Poppy would come and spend 6 weeks in their motor-home parked beside Bob an d Joan's house. They often came at blueberry picking time. Twas a bit late for that this year.