Here we are at Richmond preps. After a 3 night stopover in Gordie's old stomping grounds we arrived Monday night. Everyone else was here already. We had a great drive with a few highlights... Here's one. We drove right over her!! Yurtle the Turtle.
Gordie's dad keeps bees. I have always wanted to see some hives so I braved the dull weather, although it was not a good bee day (they tend to be testy on rainy days) and went with him to see the bees. I was the smoker.
Smoke calms the bees. When I realized something was buzzing around in my skirt I was very glad that I had the smoker in my hand. Bees will land on you when you are close to a hive that is a fact... but they dont bite unless they are mad or squeezed... All very very interesting.
We have had some great days so far. Cook one day, clean the next, paint the next... There is a great view from where we have our nightly campfire. We cook supper on the fire rain or shine and then spend a little more time with some music or fellowship or whatever comes up.
We have a new dog around that we all love. She's smart. Sue is her name.